- About the SCE
- Who we are
- Current Officers and Committees
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Program Committee
- Search Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Professional Conduct Committee
- International Scholarly Relations Committee
- Lifetime Achievement Award Committee
- Finance and Long-Term Planning Committee
- Technology, Archives and Inter-Society Relations Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Membership Application
- Official Documents
- Annual Meetings
- The Journal of the SCE
- Officers of the JSCE
- Preparing a Manuscript
- Publication Criteria and IRB Regulations
- Copyright Permission
- Copies for Sale
- Electronic Databases
- Future Issue
- Books Needing Reviews
- Global Initiatives
- Virtual Book Display
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award of the Society of Christian Ethics will be given to recognize one member typically once a year for creative and lasting contributions to the field of Christian ethics.
The award will recognize outstanding, sustained, and substantive contributions of the recipient that have advanced the field of Christian ethics, taking into consideration the following factors: the quality and quantity of the recipient’s publications, scholarship that defines the issues Christian ethicists must address, influence within the field of Christian ethics as manifested in the work of the recipient’s students, and influence of the recipient’s scholarship in promoting the importance and relevance of Christian ethics for audiences beyond the discipline itself and beyond the academy.
Procedural details (approved and amendable by action of the SCE board):
- In order to be eligible for the award a person should be or should have been a long time member of the Society of Christian Ethics.
- The recipient shall be determined by a selection committee consisting of the immediate outgoing three Board members. The President shall publicly solicit nominations from the membership at the annual meeting and in the mailing that calls for proposals. The selection committee will submit its chosen recipient to the Executive Committee at its spring meeting for approval.
- The selection will be announced at a brief ceremony just prior to the presidential address with the reading of a brief tribute honoring the recipient.
- The recipient will receive some appropriate object suitable for public display in her or his office or home.
- Recipient will also receive complimentary registration and SCE will arrange for transportation and lodging for recipient and a guest to attend the annual meeting.
- The SCE has created a fund for member donations to help provide financial support for the award.
We have honored these members with the award: